Yellow Packard By Ace Collins


Title:  The Yellow Packard
Author:  Ace Collins
Pages:  319
Year:  2012
Publisher:  Barbour Publishing
Abbi Watling loves her 1936 yellow Packard automobile.  It is her pride and joy.  It was a special order because of the bright, canary, yellow color and thus one of a kind.  The car will prove to have an impact on quite a few peoples’ lives throughout the story.  At Abbi’s death, her will stated that the car must be sold and not auctioned off like the rest of her belongings.  The car is bough by George Hall, who isn’t afraid of curses.  Most of the town thinks the car is cursed and stays away from it.  When the car was being built in the factory, it fell on a worker, killing him.  An auto mechanic was also killed a bit later while working on the car.  Then, Abbi dies.  Some think her death natural as she is an elderly lady, but others aren’t so sure.  George loves the car, but soon will experience a parent’s worst nightmare.  His young daughter is kidnapped and held for ransom.
The FBI becomes involved with the search for the kidnap victim as well as searching for a lot of missing money from Abbi’s estate.  Most of the story is centered on their tracking down clues and trying to find the little girl.  There are a few other off-shoots involving the car, but they eventually all are able to be traced back to the kidnapping.  The FBI is also giving a woman a trial at working a case.  The woman is Helen Meeker.  She works tirelessly on the case and it becomes very personal to her.
I really liked that in the midst of such heart break and grief, two of the women in the story cling to their faith.  When life dealt them a faith-crippling circumstance, they clung to God and refused to let go.  I also liked the strong female character of Helen Meeker, the FBI agent.  The ending was predictable for me, but I still very much enjoyed the ride to the end.  I liked how the author wrapped up all the details at the end as well.  I have not read many books by this author, but certainly plan to do so in the future!
My rating is 5 stars out of 5.

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” 
Post a Comment

Popular Posts