Monday, August 24, 2015

Irish Meadows (Courage to Dream #1)

Title:  Irish Meadows (Courage to Dream #1)
Author:  Susan Anne Mason
Pages:  384
Year:  2015
Publisher:  Bethany
My rating is 5+ stars out of 5.
Maybe the tale drew me into the pages as the central figures are an Irish family or maybe because it was set in the year 1911, thus a historical setting.  Either way Susan Anne Mason has crafted a novel that draws on the hearts of the readers keeping them turning pages until the story ends, at least until the sequel coming in 2016!
Irish Meadows is the family estate where horses are bred, trained, cared for and rode to prepare them to be horses ready for racing.  The family living on Irish Meadows is the O’Leary family who work hard, love much, face trials with determination and occasionally get into spats.  The Irish during this time period and before were not looked upon with anything but hatred, and people were unwilling to hire them to work.  When, in the book, the state of New York bans racing, the demise of Irish Meadows appears on the horizon.
The patriarch of the family, James, rules with an iron hand and temporarily loses sight of what is truly important in life and his faith.  His wife Kathleen is a compassionate woman who longs to see her family’s souls fed and no more secrets kept.  On top of that, one son has left Irish Meadows and two sisters are at times at odds with each other along with having budding romances.  Once readers start this book, the heart will be drawn into the characters quite easily.
I cannot wait to see what the author’s sequel, which will share Adam’s story, will be like.  I am sure it will be as captivating and enticing as this book!  I could relate to the Irish temper as well as the desire to be a better person seeking God’s help.  Like the love interests of the two sisters their suitors can either bring the best out of them or set their tempers to flare.  At times I would smile with the picture that would form in my mind of how the scene would look if it were to be real.  Other times I anticipated eagerly learning how the characters lives and trials would finally be resolved.
Don’t miss this exceptional novel and look with me in 2016 for the sequel to be published!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” 
Post a Comment