Thursday, August 20, 2015

Through Deep Waters


 Title:  Through Waters Deep (Waves of Freedom #1)
Author:  Sarah Sundin
Pages:  384
Year:  2015
Publisher:  Revell
My rating is 5+ stars out of 5.
Wings of the Nightingale Series contained the first novels by this author that I read, and I lost a lot of sleep thoroughly getting lost in those stories.  Now, Waves of Freedom starts her new blockbuster series set in the era of WWII.  The setting is the Boston Naval Yard where ships were being built, but tensions between groups whose view of war was vastly polar worked on the docks together with tensions running high.  Mary was the secretary at the naval yard and she loved being out of the limelight, supporting others' dreams never imagining romance to be a part of her life.
Jim is an Ensign in the Navy fresh out of the academy who prefers letting whatever way the wind blew direct his naval career.  Jim’s viewpoint stems from an accident as a young boy when he dared to let one of his sisters follow himself and his brothers into the woods, which resulted in an accident.  Jim became a very quiet Ensign and risking making the wrong decision that could cost lives was something he tried to avoid at all costs.
When I started the novel, I couldn’t imagine the depth of the story and the many aspects that drew me to stay up late into the night to finish reading.  There are romance, danger, adventure, faith, learning, changing and so much more that shows in the way the characters evolve throughout the book.  Then, when the FBI is added to the storyline along with a growing list of possible suspects guilty of sabotaging a ship, all the more reason to read on!
There is a sequel planned for 2016 and I cannot wait as I know Sarah Sundin’s stories are well worth time to read, enjoy and share with family and friends.  Those who plunge into the murky waters of these books are sure to love rooting for the budding romance, friendships growing and God receiving the glory!  Nothing stirs the patriot blood more than reading a fictional story of how God can and does use people willing to answer His call to serve Him wherever He sends them!  So don’t miss the first book of the newest series and while waiting for the other books in the series read Wings of Nightingale Series if you haven’t read them!
https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” 
Post a Comment