Until My Name is Known

Title:  Until My Name is Known (Tell of My Kingdom’s Glory #1)
Author:  Sonya Contreras
Pages:  267
Year:  2015
Publisher:  Bull Head Press
My rating is 5!
Jesus loved to tell stories to people and people loved to listen to them until some people turned away because what He offered they didn’t accept.  Now, centuries earlier, God did an amazing work when He took the Jewish people from captivity to a land they were to conquer and thrive in.  If you have ever read about the Exodus or seen the many versions of movies based on this historical event, then you are familiar with that story.
Sonya Contreras utilizes storytelling, an historical event and a Biblical account to give us a novel that takes the reader back in time to the ancient world.  What made this novel different for me was the heart of the author and the unique approach to what we read in Exodus 1-15.  The novel doesn’t cover everything in the passage as it’s the first book in the series with a second book in the works titled, I Have Called You By Name.
The one aspect of the novel that I most appreciated was pointing out that the plagues were to show the false gods versus The One True God.  It was an epic battle for the hearts and souls of those God would call His own against the false gods who weren’t gods at all.  The story shows how through the plagues various characters either realized they were worshipping a false god or some would choose to fight against the God of the Hebrew people.
What I also enjoyed was how the author showed how some of the Hebrew people were struggling with following The One True God.  Throughout the book I was enthralled with the drama between Moses and Pharaoh, and eventually how Pharaoh was eventually revealed to the people as nothing but a mortal man, belying their belief in his deity.
When you read the list of sources the author used, you get a glimpse into her heart to see a woman who believes wholeheartedly in God and via stories tells the world about Him.  The novel will help readers in understanding how each plague was directly correlated with a specific god or gods that was believed to have power and how God totally and unequivocally shredded these false deities.  I appreciate the author’s work, research and her heart to tell the world a story that captures the heart and engages the mind!  I look forward to her second book whenever it’s released and I plan to read it!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” 
Post a Comment

Popular Posts