When Night Comes


Title:  When Night Comes
Author:  Dan Walsh
Pages:  346
Year:  2014
Publisher:  Bainbridge Press
My rating is 5+ out of 5 stars.
What a thriller!  I have read other works of Dan Walsh and enjoyed them too.  When I saw the cover of When Night Comes, I must say I was highly intrigued!  Then when I began reading, wow!  The story can be called mystery, thriller, suspense and high octane tension and all of that would be true!  Set in a small town, an upscale private college a student turns up dead, but one look at the victim and it is easy to see something weird is going on!
The further I read the book the deeper the mystery became along with a higher body count.  The test subjects, though they didn’t know they were being sued, had dreams that were very lifelike.  In fact, they could recall everything they experienced no matter how horrifying, scary or weird it felt.  The only person who could attest to the drugs effect was a well-known author who was on campus to give some lectures on history as well as finish his latest novel.  What he got was more than he bargained for with a possible romance so different from his last experience.
When Night Comes kept my eyes glued to the pages as action ramped up and the wonder of how the mystery would be solved was drawing closer.  Part of the cast of characters was former agency man and a doctor who not only forgot his Hippocratic Oath but only saw the end result in dollar signs; no one else mattered.
The hardest part about finishing a great story like this is just that, the end.  I have no idea what Dan Walsh plans next or is working on currently, but I hope he brings on more suspense type tales that engage the reader as thoroughly as this one did.  The interesting part was when Jack, who was the lecturer/author, would dream it was always in the WWII era.  History has a way of coming alive for those of us who weren’t around when it happened and reading it in a novel is a little more exciting than simply a textbook.  So please don’t pass up this wonderful work of fiction!  It captivates without scaring the audience.  I don’t want to be scared; I want to be drawn in to the tale and then share what I think with other readers.  If you know of someone who likes mysteries, history or even suspense books, here is one to give as a gift because they won’t be disappointed!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” 
Post a Comment

Popular Posts