Saturday, August 29, 2015

Yesterday by Amanda Tru

Title:  Yesterday (Yesterday Series #1)
Author:  Amanda Tru
Pages:  198
Year:  2012
Publisher:  Sign of the Whale Books
My rating is 5 out of 5 stars.
I really was not quite sure how to explain my fascination with the story told by Amanda Tru.  There are many aspects to the novel such as time travel, a mystery, romance and the constant change of direction in the novel.  As I continued to read, I could tell the intensity of the tale was slowly escalating as well as some of the secret characteristics in a couple of the characters I sensed more than read in any description.
I sensed there was a bigger story behind what I read; I am not sure if it was due to the intervention by a male character, who is a doctor befriending Hannah because she experiences time travel or if he really loved Hannah.  The antagonist in the story is easy to notice, but what devious evil plan might she have towards Hannah?  Hannah is the only character who travels in time and some of her actions later on begin to bother her greatly.
The story is for older young people with some of the “kissing” scenes I came across, nothing x-rated but teens are already hormonal and need to read stories that help encourage them to not rush a relationship.  There are six books in all in the series, and I am quite curious to see where it all ends.  Terrific story telling is involved and quite captivating all the way through; I couldn’t put it down until the very last page.  Now I want to grab book two to see how this all progresses and if there is, in fact, a mystery involved or a different crafty ending!  This is a very intriguing tale with eclectic characters and an ending that is still veiled.  I hope you enjoy the series as much as I believe I will, especially when I read the final installment and all the hints come together to form a complete picture.

Note:  I received a complimentary copy for an honest review of this book from www.bookfun.org.  The opinions shared in this review are solely my responsibility.
Post a Comment