The Pursuit of God (Updated Edition)

Title:  The Pursuit of God (Updated Edition)
Author:  A. W. Tozer
Pages:  128
Year:  2015
Publisher:  Aneko Press
My rating is 5 stars out of 5.
When I read the title and author, I was drawn back in my mind to the day I married my husband in a church.  It was the very church where Tozer preached to people.  There are other writings of Tozer that are also rich in teaching and if possible read about Tozer’s life.  Tozer was a man who sought hard after God and in this book he challenges all to live a life fully and completely for God.
Some of the chapter themes were convicting as I read and realized God was speaking to my heart about where He is working.  Other times I was challenged in my thoughts or comforted emotionally.  There is always room for the believer to grow in becoming more Christ like and this book is one where words of exhortation are delivered without apology.  Prayers are given to aid the person in asking for the Lord’s help, hand or voice.
Nothing replaces the Bible; however, there are authors who have written what God has laid on their heart to share with others in the hopes of drawing them near to Him.  Tozer is one such author.  The book was originally published in 1948 and some of the problems that we see in the Body needing to be addressed are addressed by the author.  Draw near to the heart of the author as he points the reader to the heart and mind of our God!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” 
Post a Comment

Popular Posts