Friday, October 2, 2015

Apologetic Study Bible for Students


Title: The Apologetics Study Bible for Students
Author: 
Pages:  1408
Year:  2009
Publisher:  Holman Bible Publishers
This New International Version Study Bible is perfect for students or anyone else for that matter.  It has nice big chapter numbers to easily find a passage.  It comes with identifying tabs naming the books of the Bible already in place so you don’t have to worry about lining them up or putting them on crooked!  There are also commentary notes on the bottom of the pages as well as interesting and helpful introductions before each book of the Bible.  Before each chapter is also a list telling who wrote the book, when it was written and what else in the world was going on at the time the book was written, which I found delightful to read and think about.
There are short articles that cover what the Bible says about certain topics.  I find history very intriguing and captivating, so the archeological finds relating to the Bible were some of my favorites.  I also thought it very clever to include Twisted Scripture, which are passages that are commonly used out of context by non-Christians.  These passages are explained so the believer can understand the proper context.  The Fast Facts was another helpful section to prepare believers and enhance their witness.
All in all, this is a great resource for any believer.  I have two in my house, one for my library and one for my children to use.  I plan to give a copy to each of my children when they move out on their own to help start their own resource library.  Maybe you can do the same!
My rating is 5 stars.

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” 
Post a Comment