Saturday, October 24, 2015

Streams of Mercy (Song of Blessing #3)


Title:  Streams of Mercy (Song of Blessing #3)
Author:  Lauraine Snelling
Pages:  384
Year:  2015
Publisher:  Bethany House
My rating is 5 out of 5 stars.
Readers are introduced to the town named Blessing along with various characters in the first book titled To Everything a Season followed by the sequel A Harvest of Hope.  Now we have the third installment which continues to take us back to Blessing and the characters we so love.  Like real life there are changes in people’s lives and the town along with joys and sorrows.
In this novel, the town is wrought with trouble when a circus train stops due to illness of the performers.  The doctors learn that it is diphtheria and now must quarantine the town and train.  I was really touched when a character I had come to enjoy in the story succumbed to this disease.  I think the author does a wonderful job of showing how Christians mourn and take one day at a time when tragedy strikes.
People in the community are from various countries so they learn to share and teach from each other’s heritage.  For two ministers there wasn’t strife between them with each being from a different denomination; they worked hard to understand each other and find common ground on which to forge their friendship.  Of course there were some tense times as female doctors were just learning to be accepted as physicians while some male interns found it hard to take their orders.
The main thread through all three books that stuck out to me was prayer.  No matter what circumstances or feelings experienced or facing something unknown, knowing the Lord never changes brought peace to hearts and souls.  Knowing a Scripture being shared was right or having someone say they were praying for them was not always met with an open or understanding heart by some characters.  I thought that it true that at times our emotions can hinder our prayers or from receiving words of wisdom.
There was no indication if another novel will be written for this series or not.  I so enjoyed residing in this fictional place and meeting what I think are reflections of real people.  So grab a couple of books and then settle town to enjoy Lauraine Snelling’s Song of Blessing series!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” 
Post a Comment