Tuesday, October 20, 2015

The Imposter by Susan Fisher Woods


Title:  The Imposter (The Bishop’s Family #1)
Author:  Suzanne Woods Fisher
Pages:  320
Year:  2015
Publisher:  Revell
My rating is 5 stars out of 5.
How I so enjoy a good story, don’t you?  The Imposter weaves a wonderful tale about loss, love, redemption, and so much more.  In the story, we read of two men who really couldn’t face the truth in their lives while having no problems pointing out the faults of others.  However, they didn’t stop there and the pain caused repercussions in many lives.  The various characters are created with strengths and weaknesses along with living life well and making mistakes.
Seeing the pastor honestly not know how to deal with a couple of issues, but praying with uplifted hands under the stars was for me the best.  I could just imagine seeing a person lifting both hands and giving the burden to Jesus, then walking away a whole lot lighter than when they began praying.  More than a few people in the community had things to repent of and then had hope blooming in their hearts to walk fresh from that point forward with God.
In the story, there is sadness when some choose not to repent or allow the Lord to be in control.  Parts of the story towards the end revealed things I never saw coming.  I like stories that convey truth, faith and real humanity, which this author does a grand job creating.  None of it for me was dry or unbelievable; it was lifelike, real, heart-touching and faith-building.  Books are very unique and never seem to grow old.  Stories are there for us to read again and again perhaps sharing with those in our lives.  I cannot wait till the next book comes out in this new series by Suzanne Woods Fisher!  Grab a copy, settle into a comfy chair and lose yourself in the world created in The Imposter!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” 
Post a Comment