Thursday, October 8, 2015

The Methuselah Project


Title:  The Methuselah Project
Author:  Rick Barry
Pages:  320
Year:  2015
Publisher:  Kregel
My rating is 5 stars.
This tale will keep readers glued to the pages long after the sun sets!  The story is set during WWII before America entered the war, with a young man joining the RAF via Canada.  Roger has wanted nothing but to pilot a plane!  When he gets shot down in Germany, then captured, he begins to experience a nightmare.  For decades he has been locked up and alone, except for the occasional visitor bringing food and sometimes news.
When Roger comes back to the U. S., he meets a woman named Katharine, who then becomes part of the drama that unfolds when people begin attempting to take Roger’s life.  In time, they grow close to each other, but it isn’t until one horrible moment when she realizes one of the men in her life is telling the truth and another is a liar.
I found the plot very fascinating and intriguing.  There are faith, discerning between truth and lies, along with Roger being alone without human touch for decades.  The whole idea of the Nazis wanting to control pertinent areas of a nation because they think they know best is a stunning premise.  No matter what group of people, there are always others who think they know best and can tell some what to do better than anyone.
The ending was creative, and I wonder if the author will be taking the storyline into a sequel.  I loved how Katharine had to face the ugly truth about her caretaker she had for years.  The inner turmoil Roger had while in captivity led him to examine faith and prayer issues.  This work of fiction shows how many changes can occur without us really knowing until we look backwards and see all that has happened.
I hope you pick up the book and enjoy a great mystery with intrigue, romance and faith!  This is a very well-crafted story!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” 
Post a Comment