AN Endless Christmas (A Novella) byCynthia Ruchti



Title:  An Endless Christmas (A Novella)
Author:  Cynthia Ruchti
Pages:  240
Year:  2015
Publisher:  Worthy Inspired
My rating is 5+ stars.
Let me tell you this story brought a few tears to my eyes and a few laughs as well.  For me, the main theme is legacy along with passing down traditions or changing them which brings new life.  When the matriarch and patriarch of the family were saying goodnight to their growing family who came to celebrate Christmas, the patriarch prayed a blessing over each person.  Now, to me, that is one special and meaningful action worth repeating.  It doesn’t have to be just the man in the family; it can be the woman too as I have prayed blessings over my sons.
The two main characters in the novella are Katie and Micah who have known each other for years.When Katie was proposed to, she couldn’t accept Micah’s offer until they had time to talk through what she just learned about her ancestry.  Katie thought that since hardly anyone stayed married in her family that meant that would happen to her too.  What she learns through the story changes her heart in ways you cannot imagine, most of all her relationship with the Lord.
Another action this growing family did was insisted that all techy gadgets be put away for the whole week they were together.  While at first all of the young people found it hard to leave everything off, including the TV, what the family did with their time together brought a deeper meaning to the holy days and family relationships.  There are a few surprises in the story, but overall I highly recommend spending time reading this new novella.  May you be touched, changed, encouraged and more purposeful in your time with family and friends this year!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” 
Post a Comment

Popular Posts