Monday, November 9, 2015

Angel in Aisle 3

Title:  Angel in Aisle 3
Author:  Kevin West with John Fredrick Edwards
Pages:  240
Year: 2015
Publisher:  Howard
My rating is 5+ stars.
It was late one night recently when I started reading this book, and unlike some other nonfiction works this one is very powerful.  I could say because it really was a special man that showed up in aisle 3 of a little corner grocery store.  The story is supernatural in the way the Lord brought together people from different backgrounds, experiences and such.  Don was that man; he wasn’t someone people would at first draw near, living on the street as he did at that time.  But his spiritual life was unlike anything both Kevin West and I for that matter ever encountered.
Kevin West shares with us his journey from being a bank executive to a convict to what came after along with all the Lord did during this three year period of his life.  As I read, I couldn’t help appreciate the transparency with which the author shares his life and even more so the way Kevin shares about Don and the wisdom Don passes on is breathtaking.  The words of wisdom or prayers prayed by Don weren’t filled with platitudes, but poured from a heart really gripped by the Lord.  Inside is a story of redemption, undeserving love, and testimony of people walking with Kevin and his family during their darkest moments, but not one negative word of those who walked away from Kevin and his family.
Just grab a copy of this amazing real life story and consider passing it on with whomever the Lord might lead you to do so!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” 
Post a Comment