Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Dream Treaders (Book#1)


Title:  Dreamtreaders
Author:  Wayne Thomas Batson
Pages:  304
Year:  2014
Publisher:  Thomas Nelson
My rating is 4 stars.
The story is about a teenager named Archer; he is a Dreamtreader, one of three people God has chosen to fight evil within the Dream World.  Their fight keeps the Nightmare Lord at bay and lets the people in the real world be at peace.  If the boundary between our world and the dream world collapses, then it would mean the end for us all.  Dangers lurk at every turn and there’s more to a new kid at school than it seems.
I would recommend this book to others because it is full of adventure.  It takes an interesting perspective about how evil can enter our thoughts through dreams and how people who have accepted Jesus as their savior discipline themselves to fight sin from entering their hearts and the hearts of others.  I particularly liked the messages in the book.  For example, the main character makes bad decisions, which ultimately lead to the next book, but he is ready to repent and make up for what he has done.  The message in that is that though we may sin and fall, God doesn’t expect us to be perfect but to follow Him wholeheartedly.  There are other messages that readers can discern from the book, so please read the book and enjoy.  God bless!

 Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Post a Comment