Monday, November 23, 2015

Every Girl Gets Confused


Title:  Every Girl Gets Confused (A Bride With Style #2)
Author:  Janice Thompson
Pages:  336
Year:  2015
Publisher:  Revell
My rating is 5 stars.
We are introduced to a whole set of characters in book one of the series titled, Every Bride Needs A Groom, which is set in Texas.  The characters come from a variety of denominational backgrounds, personalities and the cheering for either the Mavericks or Spurs!  In book two, we learn how love knows no boundaries such as age, monetary classification, along with some of the funniest lines I have read in awhile!
The best aspect of the second book is the example of sticking together as a spiritual family regardless of the denominational affiliation.  Another is how in time as parents age and children are learning to fly on their own as adults, old and new traditions can weave together to gain the best memories.  I laughed a lot as I read the novel.  Some of the actions, words or thoughts of the octogenarians were too funny like when they face the latest gadgets or are blessed to be married again even when they are eighty!
The chapter titles are taken from the songs and movies of Doris Day, and readers will read quotes from a whole host of people in regards to Doris Day.  As I read, I could see the change that has taken place in the golden era of Hollywood and the way movies or TV shows are created today.  For me, I love the older westerns because they never were made to gross out a crowd; it seems those people knew how to act in style without being obscene.
Yes, there is romance in the story, but what the overall point is how the couples do what pleases the other not demanding their own way.  I liked how even through hard seasons of life in the story they are reminded it is only a season not a lifetime, and the way they gathered to pray for needs immediately was encouraging.  Waiting is a word that is hard for anyone no matter what age, which is also highlighted in the book, but overall I think you’re going to find yourself laughing more than anything else!  Please enjoy Every Bride Needs A Groom so your understanding of what is happening in the sequel will be enhanced!  Enjoy!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” 
Post a Comment