Keeping Christmas by Dan Walsh

Title:  Keeping Christmas
Author:  Dan Wlash
Pages:  224
Year:  2015
Publisher:  Revell
My rating is 5 stars.
What are some holiday traditions you grew up with or do now with your family?  For me, when I was little we would have dinner, choose one present to open and then go to midnight Mass, return home and then in the morning open gifts.  Our family at one time was big with lots of extended members and friends who would gather in my parents’ home and what fun we would have! What great memories!  Now many of them are gone and sometimes the holidays are bittersweet, remembering the best of times and yet a smaller family unit.
Life changes for all of us and in the book Dan Walsh shares a tale of parents who are not only empty nesters, but unlike previous holidays their kids cannot travel to be with them this year.  Judith, who is their mom, enters a time of depression and cannot seem to shake it though she prays for God to help her move forward.  Her husband Stan doesn’t seem to be as affected because he likes the quiet to watch football or just put his feet up.
Yet was Judith seems so different than the woman Stan has been married to for decades plus noticing that nothing he has done helps, Stan makes a bold  decision.  Stan’s plan is an example as to how to touch the heart of your soul mate, and he touched his grown children’s lives too!  Above all, Stan is changed as he is convicted about choices he has made for years that need to be changed in the present if he is going to have a happy spouse.
I don’t want to ruin the book for you by telling you all that occurs.  I would love for you to discover the joy for yourself when you read the novel.  Make special memories now and be open to making new memories as time goes by and life brings changes that sometimes are hard.  Look around you and see if there isn’t someone you can touch with the love of God, both inside your home and outside.  Pray and see if God doesn’t show you who He wants you to reach out to during the holidays.

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” 
Post a Comment

Popular Posts