The Devotional for Women


Title:  The Devotional for Women
Author:  Rhonda Harrington Kelley & Dorothy Kelley Patterson
Pages:  768
Year:  2015
Publisher:  B & H Books
My rating is 4 stars.
Here is a devotional that doesn’t spew platitudes, but encourages women in their walk with the Lord.  One devotion I read wasn’t just about prayer, but also placed a letter of Paul in its historical context.  Read the Scripture portion placed underneath the title for the day’s devotion.  Use whatever version you are comfortable with, then there is space where women can write thoughts, prayers, questions, etc.
Personally, I would have liked to see more thought-provoking writing beyond the couple of minutes that it takes to read at its current length.  I would suggest not writing in the book as the ink might bleed through the pages plus the advantage of using a notebook means no shortage of room to write what the Lord places on your heart or whatever you wish to express to Him.
Use the devotional at a moment to reenergize your Spirit or in the times you’re able to sit, being still to know He is God!  These books are a great way to start having regular moments with the Lord or can spark study into a topic or book in the Bible at a deeper level.  God Bless!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” 
Post a Comment

Popular Posts