Tabitha (Girls From the Mountain #1)

Title:  Tabitha (Girls From the Mountain #1)
Author:  Vikki Kestell
Pages:  278
Year:  2015
Publisher:  Faith Filled Fiction
My rating is 5+ stars.
Author Vikki Kestell has written a story that readers will be able to identify with as well as be so captivated as to stay up reading until the wee hours of the night.  Tabitha’s story takes place between Stolen and Lost Are Found in the Prairie Heritage series; however, I have yet to read the Prairie Heritage series.  You can read Tabitha and follow the heart-tugging story without a problem as I have done.
Tabitha’s story takes place before and during WW I in Colorado in a house where women who are lost can be cared for, loved on and taught about Christ.  The women have come from slavery to prostitution, suffering many hard things that Vikki alludes to but doesn’t go into intricate detail.  The novel reflects the best story and truth we all need to know, which is that we can be redeemed.  Hope can be restored, hearts can be healed and women can learn how to take care of homes and learn a profession if they so choose.  For Tabitha, she chose nursing.
Reconciliation with the Lord is just awesome, but the women are encouraged to be reconciled to their families as well.  The reality reflected in the tale is how hard it is to forgive those who have hurt them in the harshest of ways.  They have to choose to walk through being reconciled to people and forgive their captors so that their souls aren’t held in captivity by unforgiveness.
I plan on reading the Prairie Series as soon as possible because Vikki writes with a heart of love and faith.  Vikki’s characters are those we can identify with in some way and therefore readers are touched with the hope written in the book.  Women will be caught up in the character of the matriarch named Rose who loves each woman so dearly.  Rose also reflects to us how we can pray and how hard it can be to release those we love to the care of the Lord even when it is hard to let them fly from the nest.
Now I haven’t shared with you all that the story of Tabitha holds.  All I can say is don’t miss out on such a heart-gripping tale!  Love as Christ loves us all.  What a powerful message!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” 
Post a Comment

Popular Posts