The Mountain Midwife


Title:  The Mountain Midwife
Author:  Laurie Alice Eakes
Pages:  352
Year:  2015
Publisher:  Zondervan
My rating is 5 stars.
Laurie Alice Eakes is a new author to me and I loved the main characters, Ashley along with Hunter.  Ashley is a descendent of women in her family’s line who practice midwifery.  Ashley is also a nurse who would love to be able to seek a doctorate in order to bring better care to the women she serves.  Hunter is an engineer who has traveled all over the world as he loves being outside rather than being in an office.
The way the author brings these two characters together was brilliant as in the middle of the night Ashley is disturbed by a woman needing her help bringing her baby safely into the world.  Ashley is concerned and prepared to take the young woman and her “husband” to the hospital as after the safe delivery the woman begins to hemorrhage.  Both the man and woman along with the baby disappear while two trucks attempt to run down Ashley.
When Hunter’s picture is flashed across the TV worldwide as a hero, he finds getting back to the USA and home without being accosted by news people a hard task.  Though he would love to get some sleep Hunter is asked to come to his parents’ house where he confronts them regarding his true parentage. When he speaks with them, it sets him off to locate the truth as to where or whom is birth mother might really be as well as the father.
The mystery kept me up until I finished the book.  I wanted to see how the author would wrap up the plot she introduces and builds throughout the whole story.  The characters reveal the internal issues they face as they seek to help or find the truth as to where Hunter was born.  While in the pursuit, a romance begins to builds between the two main characters.  It was also fun to reach the end of the tale to see if some of the questions I had about what happened to secondary characters were answered.
I hope you will read and enjoy this story plus consider giving the book to friends or family this holiday season so they can be captivated by a great novel!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” 
Post a Comment

Popular Posts