Thursday, January 7, 2016

A Noble Masquerade (Hawthorne House Series)


Title:  A Noble Masquerade (Hawthorne House Series)
Author:  Kristi Ann Hunter
Pages:  368
Year:  2015
Publisher:  Bethany
My rating is 4 stars.
One of the main reasons I requested to review the book was because Kristi Ann Hunter is a new author and I wanted to see what she brought to her audience.  The main female character, Lady Miranda, desired to break out of the societal constraints of her life, but kept that secret closely guarded until her brother’s new valet sends one of her letters to Duke Marshington.  The letters were Miranda’s way of releasing her pent up feelings and desires were she to write them in a journal.
Miranda’s problem is that she is attracted to her brother’s valet, but then she receives a response from the Duke that was never expected!  There are Christian themes throughout the book, which I am glad to see in the novel as some publishers have not been publishing novels with any Christian themes even though they are clean.  Readers will love the fast-paced action in the book and be entertained as they read how Miranda decides what to do with two men in her life.
My knowledge of this era is very little, but the author does a great job of bringing humor to her first full length novel.  If you desire to read the prequel, A Lady of Esteem, it is readily available as an ebook.  I didn’t read the prequel and enjoyed this first book in the Hawthorne series.  I look forward to the next installment.  The novel will make a great gift for the readers you know whether family or friends!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” 
Post a Comment