Monday, January 11, 2016

A Pinch of Promise (Taste of Romance #2) by Elizabeth Maddrey

Title:  A Pinch of Promise (Taste of Romance #2)
Author:  Elizabeth Maddrey
Pages:  242
Year:  2015
Publisher:  Janotima Books
My rating is 5 stars.
The first book in the Taste of Romance series is A Splash of Substance where we meet three young men Jackson, Zach and Ben.  Each of them has a different job, and different tastes; yet, they share a solid faith in Jesus Christ.  Besides having their faith in common they each also have the desire to wed a strong Christian woman but are waiting on God to show them who He has for each of them.
In A Splash of Substance, we read about Jackson’s unique job situation along with its challenges plus how he meets Paige who is a chef.  A Pinch of Promise focuses on Ben who needs to have surgery for a torn ACL followed up by weeks of physical therapy.  When Ben comes in to the physical therapy office, he is sees a face that seems similar to a woman from his past.  Their journey of getting to know one another again begins and is filled with tension as Rebecca must chose to trust Ben or let him walk out of her life again.
For me, I enjoyed the second book even more than the first one, though book one was a great story too.  I liked that the chapters were short which helped move the tale along plus made taking breaks easier.  I got hooked by the heart of the story as well as the real life issues that the characters had to wrestle with.  Both books will grab your heart and challenge your mind while renewing the hope of living sold out for Christ!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” 
Post a Comment