Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Double Play

Title:  Double Play
Author:  Ranee S. Clark
Pages:  208
Year:  2016
Publisher:  Covenant Communications, Inc.
David Savage will soon be graduating from college and has a choice to make for his future…professional football or baseball?  His best friend Anthony is getting married soon, so he knows his future is going to change no matter what profession he chooses.  His best friend’s ex-girlfriend Sophie has made it her mission to win him back, so David tries to keep her from succeeding in this mission.  As David and Sophie spend more time together, he discovers that there is more to the shallow Sophie he has known for two years.  She is much more than fashion and makeup.
Sophie Pope is going to college and working for her mother, who is in the wedding planning business.  Sophie has always had a great fashion sense and been able to pick out the right clothes for various body types to make the person look their best.  However, does this focus make her appear shallow to others?  Sophie wants to run her own PR business someday and has an opportunity to get some face time on TV.  However, she would be working for her ex-fiance on this job and she begins to realize how she has been presenting herself to others.  Will she realize this before her relationship with David is ruined?  Will this opportunity give the potential good exposure for her mother’s business as well as gain potentially valuable experience for her career?
Since I didn’t realize this was a sequel, I missed out on the background of these characters that were introduced in book one.  I kind of felt like I jumped into the middle of a story and didn’t get a chance to connect with the characters.  I would definitely recommend reading book one, Playing for Keeps, before reading this one.  With that said, I still liked the story.  Trying to change someone to fit the way one thinks they should be as well as being comfortable in your own skin without changing to please everyone are just two of the themes presented in this entertaining story.
My rating is 4 stars.

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Post a Comment