Thursday, February 11, 2016

Always Watching (Elite Guardians #1)


Title:  Always Watching (Elite Guardians #1)
Author:  Lynette Eason
Pages:  329
Year:  2016
Publisher:  Revell
Lynette Eason delivers again with this new series!  I loved the idea of having a company of all women bodyguards; I thought the idea very original.  This first book is focused on Olivia Edwards and her story.
Olivia Edwards used to be a cop, but now she runs a company with her partners of all female bodyguards.  This particular assignment originally has Maddy as the bodyguard for a local widowed psychiatrist, who also does a radio talk show at night.  The psychiatrist, Wade Savage, has a stalker and that is why he has a bodyguard.  The stalker quickly escalates her by taking Maddy out of the picture at the beginning of the story.  So it is Olivia’s turn in the rotation of the security schedule to now be on duty to Wade and his daughter, Amy.
The moves quickly along with the stalker becoming more and more bold with her actions.  More and more people are being injured or killed.  Olivia wonders how the stalker always seems to be a step ahead of her security.  Olivia has called in her other partners in the company to provide 24/7 security, but still the stalker breaks through their defenses.  In addition, Oliva and Wade have sparks flying when they come in contact and seem to be edging toward a romantic relationship.  However, Wade is a Christian and while Olivia believes in God, she doesn’t like him very much.  Olivia sees faith in action through Wade and his father and begins to draw closer to God.  The stalker makes a bold attempt to get Wade to notice her and Olivia must face her greatest fear to save a life.
I couldn’t put this book down as the action was nonstop and the tension full-tilt!  I just loved the relationship between Wade and his daughter in the story.  He was so patient and reassuring with her.  Olivia and Wade are also willing to be vulnerable with each other by sharing their painful pasts with each other.  This definitely made the character more realistic for me.  I can hardly wait for book two in the series, Without Warning, to be released this summer.  This is an exciting novel that you won’t want to miss!
My rating is 5 stars.

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Post a Comment