Thursday, February 25, 2016

Legally and Lawfully Yours (Author: Anita Stansfield)

Title:  Legally and Lawfully Yours
Author:  Anita Stansfield
Pages:  256
Year:  2015
Publisher:  Covenant
My rating is 5 stars.
Legally and Lawfully Yours is a great tale of a brother (Greg) and sister (Shannon) growing up in a dysfunctional home and their experiences through the foster care system.  Afterwards, readers will enjoy reading how each character named above made choices that significantly impacted their lives while they remained close.
Shannon comes to a crossroads in her life where she dreams of success being obtained and is startled to find herself restless.  Greg’s two children, Neal and Jeannie, are in desperate need of their aunt’s help, but unable to contact her until Shannon shows up at the front door.  At this point, the novel takes off, climbing in anticipation when Shannon carries out a plan called Operation Freedom.
Now I am sure you have questions like why do Greg’s kids need help or what does Operation Freedom have to do with the novel?  You see my reason for leaving out information is to draw you in and hope you will want to know of the story!  The fun in reading is the journey and joy of discovering what a wonderful story is written by Anita Stansfield.
I believe the author did a very balanced and truthful presentation of how there are pros and cons to the foster care system.  One of them is that there are both good foster parents and bad ones.  There are inferences to God, Bible study and many times of individual or family prayer.  One of the themes I drew from the novel was the facing of life’s challenges with reliance on God and then others.
I hope you consider taking an afternoon or two to enjoy this story, and then read Greg’s story in the sequel titled, Now and Always Yours.

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Post a Comment