Brush of Wings (Angels Walking #3)

Title:  Brush of Wings (Angels Walking #3)
Author:  Karen Kingsbury
Pages:  352
Year:  2016
Publisher:  Howard
My rating is 5 stars.
Brush of Wings is the final book of the series; the previous novels are Angels Walking followed by Chasing Sunsets.    Through all three of the books the characters both human and angelic are the same.  The angels are sent on missions that have to do with the lives of Tyler, Marcus, Mary Catharine and Sami.  Here in the final story the steaks are the highest they have ever been for humanity and the warfare fierce!
The steaks are in regards to the humanity globally.  While what Karen writes is fictional it gives readers a unique view into the spiritual realm and warfare.  What is really neat is how the angels take on the form of humankind in order to aid humans in fulfilling a plan God has set forth.  I love how the humans prayed throughout the novels. Angels prayed and praised God at various point in the story which is interesting.
Tyler wanted to be a major baseball player and his friend Marcus actually signs on with the L. A. Dodgers; they have been best friends for years.  Mary Catharine is best friends with Sami and together they live life and work at a local ministry to reach women until Mary Catharine leaves for her trip. Mary Catharine was born with a heart condition her time is running out she has but one desire to and that is to return to Uganda and work in an orphanage. 
I loved the whole series which really makes spiritual warfare more real in a sense of how angels work at God’s budding.  They minister here and I remember that we can entertain angels without even knowing just how close they are to us.  I enjoyed how the author closes the series with hope and yet the ending doesn’t end with all loose ends tied up tight.  Karen leaves the future especially to the imagination to the readers I don’t know if the author plans a spin off series from Angels Walking or not.  However I greatly appreciated and enjoyed the each story. I wonder what will come next from Karen’s pen, so I look forward to where her novels will take us in the future!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” 
Post a Comment

Popular Posts