Mind of Her Own by Diana Leshire Brandmeyer


Title:  Mind of Her Own
Author:  Diana Leshire Brandmeyer
Pages:  352
Year:  2015
Publisher:  Tyndale
My rating is 5 stars.
Note:  I received a complimentary copy for an honest review of this book from www.bookfun.org  The opinions shared in this review are solely my responsibility
This is a mesmerizing tale of Louisa, who is a wife, mother and a very unhappy woman.  As the story begins, she is currently disengaged with family matters and her husband is on the couch.  The time to make dinner comes and as she is reaching to grab something from the top shelf, it falls and she awakens in the hospital.  Then the tale really takes off and concludes on a note of hope that deeply warms the heart of readers.
One of the qualities I liked about the book was never really seeing the twists and turns in the plot.  It has the flavor of a mystery with the characters lifelike in the way they think, act and interact in a family unit.  The husband, Collin, basically has lost his first love for God and left the responsibilities of the home to Louisa.  Collin believes that the highest goal he can attain is as a partner at the legal firm where he works many late nights.
When a trial comes to the family, readers will wonder if this will be a new start for the family or not.  We read about teenage angst, sibling rivalry and parental challenges that are so lifelike!  At the end of the book, there are three short introductions to authors and their work.  I have read a couple of these author’s books before this book so I know their work is solid, entertaining, and faith centered.
Who knows what will flow next from the pen of Diana?  I eagerly await to see the book and read the tale!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” 
Post a Comment

Popular Posts