Monday, March 28, 2016

Silent Sting Author:Clair M. Paulson

Title:  Silent Sting
Author:  Clair M. Paulson
Pages:  188
Year:  2016
Publisher:  Covenant Communications
My rating is 4 stars.
Silent Sting is a very interesting and captivating mystery that draws a reader into a realm that appears to be about bees.  The massive killing of bees is detrimental to the local farmers in the novel and one honey business is losing millions from some unknown cause that is killing their bees.  A grant written and approved allows a professor at a university along with his assistant to investigate the cause of such destruction.  Then, out of the blue, the professor is murdered! 
The president of the college and the dean are interfering with the federal investigations, but that doesn’t stop what is becoming a race to locate the mastermind behind the murders.  What appears to be a bee turns out to be a deadly drone and whatever is in the stinger proves fatal within seconds!  The race intensifies to locate what is killing the bee population while keeping the assistant alive as the grant’s mission must be completed.
I stayed up all night till I finished this book!  At first, I thought I had figured out who the mastermind was behind the two-pronged problem of killing bees and killing people.  With twists and turns in the plot it got to be a quite an adventure to figure out who had done the terrible acts.  There were a few terms in the novel that I didn’t understand, but they didn’t detract from the story at all.
There is a spiritual aspect in the novel that is probably where the terms originate from, but I am not a follower of the spiritual church or people mentioned.  Yet, the story is solid and quickly engages the mind of readers and is very entertaining.  I love good stories, storytellers and think many would enjoy the mystery while ignoring the other stuff in the novel.  Entomology as presented in the novel sure looks like an interesting field of study, and I didn’t realize how connected pollination is to the growth farmers need for their crops.  Well done sir and thanks for the adventure!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Post a Comment