Monday, April 11, 2016

Back in the Saddle (A Double S Novel #1)

Title:  Back in the Saddle (A Double S Novel #1)
Author:  Ruth Logan Herne
Pages:  320
Year:  2016
Publisher:  Multnomah
My rating is 5 stars.
First, let me say that the next book in this series will be released October 2016 titled, Home on the Range.  Now, to the story set in book one, Back in the Saddle.  Readers are introduced to a ranch named the Double S and the Stafford family.  Sam is the patriarch who is widowed and battling a liver problem and some injuries given to him by a cow.  Angelina is the housekeeper/cook and a whole lot more on the ranch where she cares for the father along with the ranch hands.  The son Nick has been the main mind and work horse on the ranch even when his wife up and walked out.  Now returns the prodigal son Colt who left years ago to work in the financial arena on Wall Street.  Colt never planned on returning, but when the market changed, he lost his job so to the ranch he returned.   The third son Trey is a Christian singer who travels much, but with his father’s health issue he plans on taking a break come spring.
Sam has undergone a heart transformation due to the Lord and hopes to have time to mend his relationship with each of his sons.  Angelina is falling in love with Colt, but can she give up her plans to return to the Seattle police force?  As time and family life develop in the story readers will enjoy the intriguing way the hearts of the sons do and perhaps don’t change.
I think Ruth Logan Herne has crafted a believable story of a family and each individual son, which is believable and enjoyable.  The Lord has changed the atmosphere in the home and in Sam.  Will those heart transformations reach Colt and Nick?  I really thought it brilliant that the widowed mother of Angelina wanted to be busy and enjoyed doing work on the ranch such as cooking and laundry.  Perhaps we forget that as we grow older we don’t want to be put away but be of use and be with people we love and care about.
I am wondering if the author plans her other books to focus on the other two sons Nick and Trey as well as the family and ranch as a whole.  Well, in October of this year we will all see won’t we?  I am excited and highly anticipate enjoying book two, Home on the Range.  Will you join me?

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Post a Comment