Friday, April 15, 2016

Sit, Stay, Love (Love Unleashed)

Title:  Sit, Stay, Love (Love Unleashed)
Author:  Dana Mentink
Pages:  224
Year:  2016
Publisher:  Harvest House
My rating is 5 stars.
Dana Mentink brilliantly writes a tale and draws readers in by connecting it to an elderly dog.  Before I forget let me share with you that the second novel in series will come out July 2016 titled, Fetching Sweetness, and I cannot wait to enjoy that book!
Cal is a major league pitcher with some major league hurts and disappointments in his life.  Gina is the woman who is hired originally to dog sit for Cal’s dog Tippy though Gina longs to be a teacher.  With a touch of realism where every move Cal makes shows up in social media and fans surround him, Dana has written a very cute story.  At first, I thought and hoped that since the dog was elderly that it didn’t involve the dog not making it until the end of the tale.  However, I am glad to say that Tippy thrives just fine throughout the book.
There is the main thread running throughout the work of fiction of the heart’s search for love based on who one is and not their job or income.  Faith, romance and some crazy moments fill the pages of interaction with Cal, Gina and a dog named Tippy.
Don’t pass up this novel focused on those themes of the idea that family is most important even if it includes a dog who loves cheese balls!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Post a Comment