Thursday, May 5, 2016

Deception (Mountain Cove) Author: Elizabeth Goddard

Title:  Deception (Mountain Cove)
Author:  Elizabeth Goddard
Pages:  224
Year:  2016
Publisher:  Love Inspired Suspense
My rating is 5 stars.
One of the best things I love about these novels is that they capture the attention of the reader from page one and keep it till the end!  Another is that these books are entertaining, adventurous, filled with suspense and not overly focused on romance.  I like romance, but with it in the background and a great tale wrapped around it.
Deception is a gripping novel that begins with a woman being pushed to the rampaging falls below.  The main female character is a widow who is in her mid-40s, which I like, plus how she faces her trials which seems to run concurrent.  Now it appears the author leads us to know pretty quickly who the person was who attempts to murder Jewel Caraway.  However, don’t be fooled too easily as you will enjoy reading and discovering there is more to the mystery than meets the eye!
If you’re the type of reader who loves suspense and adventure with a smidgen of romance, then these types of books are for you.  I don’t tell you much about the story because of the brevity of the book and I don’t want to ruin the enjoyment in reading it for yourself.  I signed up to get books from Love Inspired Suspense every month and I am never disappointed in the selections I receive.
These are faith-centered, clean and enjoyable books that can be shared with family and friends.  Plus one can build up a nice personal library from which to be able to grab a book at a moment’s notice while never being disappointed.  I think at times the only disappointment is in not being able to finish a section before life calls!
Elizabeth Goddard writes really captivating stories in the Mountain Cove series as well as stands alone, so there is plenty to choose from. Plus one Mountain Cove book is dependent on the other, each story can be enjoyed without reading the others.  But then again why miss the fun?

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Post a Comment