Tuesday, June 21, 2016

All Summer Long (Follow Your Heart Series #2)

Title:  All Summer Long (Follow Your Heart Series #2)
Author:  Melody Carlson
Pages:  320
Year:  2016
Publisher:  Revell
My rating is 5 stars.
The story Melody Carlson shares with us is both light-hearted and thought provoking!  The two main characters I paid most attention to were Tia D’Amico and Leo Parker.  Tia is a chef who takes a job to cook on a boat for her Aunt Julie and Uncle Roland.  For her, this is a new experience and a new adventure that she throws herself into 100%.  Part of the reason is that she hopes by moving out her father will remarry and be happy.
Leo is the one to pick Tia up at the airport and shares with her that he is the captain of the boat.  What makes the story really interesting is these two characters have a shared past that Tia is hoping to reignite.  However, when she arrives in San Francisco her heart and world are turned upside down by the news Leo shares.
I really enjoyed the book as the story had characters that added a plethora of flavors to the tale developing around the lives of Tia and Leo.  I could easily imagine some of the scenes as the author created the pictures via words that enhanced the novel.  Sometimes the interaction between various characters would cause me to smile or laugh.  There were a few times the novel’s scenes were somewhat sad, but nothing that made me cry as to me it highlighted the reality of life’s ups and downs.
It won’t take a reader long to devour the story and look for the next tale from Melody in the series, which will be available the summer of 2017.  Readers can enjoy a small sample of the coming novel at the end of this book.

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Post a Comment