Medical Judgment

Title:  Medical Judgment
Author:  Richard L. Mabry, M. D.
Pages:  320
Year:  2016
Publisher:  Abingdon Press
My rating is 5 stars.
In the latest novel from author and Dr. Richard Mabry, audiences are going to be pulled very quickly into a suspenseful thriller!  Dr. Sarah Gordon is still recovering from losing her husband and daughter in a car accident, but still stays busy as an E.R. physician.  While trying to grieve and learn what her new normal is, she is being slowly terrorized by an as yet known assailant.  Sarah is receiving scary phone calls and her house has been broken into which leaves her feeling violated.
On top of all this, she has two men who are interested in her and attend her church too.  Sarah has only recently returned to church.  While the unknown perp has yet to be caught, Dr. Gordon decides she has had enough and takes action.  Sarah doesn’t want to be leaning on anyone else and doesn’t want to live in constant fear, so she puts into place some  measures that help her feel more secure.  But does it work or has she only succeeded in agitating whoever is behind these scare tactics?
For me, this was one of the best books the author has written!  I loved how he has the main character, Dr. Gordon, take measures to be protected as well as being able to protect herself, if necessary.  I loved how the author shows the doctor still working through her grief and being very transparent about she feels toward God.  Readers will sense at times they may know who the culprit is terrorizing the doctor and at other times perhaps not quite so sure.
The ending was great and since I don’t want to ruin it for anyone who has yet to read the story, I won’t reveal any spoilers.  Let me just say that this mystery has faith, suspense, and action that will keep people turning pages till they reach the conclusion!  The novel is written with heart and will draw audiences into the book emotionally as well as mentally, especially when another man is introduced into Dr. Gordon’s circle of acquaintances.


Medical Judgment Richard Mabry



Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Post a Comment

Popular Posts