The Dog that Whispered Author: Jim Kraus

Title:  The Dog that Whispered
Author:  Jim Kraus
Pages:  336
Year:  2016
Publisher:  FaithWords
My rating is 5 stars.
I read another novel by Jim Kraus titled, The Dog that Saved Stewart College and really enjoyed the story, so when I saw The Dog that Whispered I knew what awaited a reader…a good novel.  As I kept reading the book, it quickly became apparent that there was more to the story than the titled suggested.  Of course, that is what makes a book fun for me, the joy of discovering the tale!
The Dog that Whispered really brings to readers through humor and the main character being an animal, a tail (pun intended) with a mystery.  Gretna is a senior citizen whose only child is a son who is a professor at a college.  He is unmarried and Gretna wants grandchildren so when she sees a commercial to adopt dogs she decides that is exactly what her son needs.  Wilson can’t disagree with his mother more and even more so when Gretna suggests that the dog she named Thurman can talk.
What follows is a moving story of a man who served his country and returned a broken man and his unwillingness to disclose what he did while serving that burdens his heart.  Wilson is a man whose past keeps his heart bound in unforgiveness and feelings of being unlovable.  There is much more to the book for readers to enjoy revealed by the author’s novel.  It really touched my heart greatly and made me even more thankful for those who served and have come home in need of love, healing and restoration.
I hope you will read Jim’s novel as there is more in the book than I shared in my review here.  I look forward to whatever the author shares in his next publication.

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Post a Comment

Popular Posts