Sunday, June 5, 2016

The Midwife’s Dilemma (At Home in Trinity #3)



Title:  The Midwife’s Dilemma (At Home in Trinity #3)
Author:  Delia Parr
Pages:  320
Year: 2016
Publisher:  Bethany
My rating is 5+ stars.
The whole At Home in Trinity series is a wonderful story about a young widow raising two children on her own, being a midwife and then as her children become grown enters a new season of her life.  As the final novel is here the hard part was reading the book knowing it was the end of the series I thoroughly enjoyed.  The author does an outstanding job of showing how as our children grow and we grow older sometimes life gets tough and it has blessings too.
For Martha in the final installment her body is now taking longer to gets it strength back when she is out n bad weather and helping many women or children.  Martha seems to be fighting the heartache that growing older can bring as people move away from her town, her children marry, and her heart longs for a more peaceful daily life.  While Martha has enjoyed the calling she senses that a new season of life for her is on the horizon but giving up her calling proves a difficult task.
There is so much happening in the story I cannot wait for you to read and discover all the nuances of the story line.  The characters for me seemed very life like and I hated to see the ending of the series come to fruition.  Martha has a very close walk with the Lord though during this season of transition she is truly struggling to believe God or trust Him.  For me that is a real wrestling match some women may face as new seasons of life come and go.
It isn’t only the change is seasons that was very realistic but the changing landscape of friendships too.  Some of them were very hard for Widow Cade and others weren’t, Martha was a true reflection on even good changes can bring about some melancholy.  The ending was fantastic and a real surprise so I won’t reveal it to you other than to say it brilliant the away the author wraps up life for characters we know well in the town of Trinity.  I wonder where she will take her readers next?

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” 
Post a Comment