The Tenth Plague

Title:  The Tenth Plague
Author:  Adam Blumer
Pages:  448
Year:  2016
Publisher:  Kirkdale Press
My rating is 5 stars.
After completing adoption papers and legal matters, Marc and Gillian decide to take up a friend’s invitation to a free weekend at a resort.  However, as Marc and Gillian pull into the resort parking lot it looks like a circus with cameras, TV news and a man using a bullhorn to speak to the crowd.  A group of translators are also at the lodge working on a new translation of the Bible that might be the cause of chaos, but why would that cause such uproar?
Along with that action, a person or persons seems bent on tormenting the resort guests with recreating the ten plagues of Egypt from the Old Testament.  At least that is what is thought until a couple of people show up dead and the mystery thickens!
The author uses fictional places and events, weaving into the story some of America’s history.  Plus Marc is a pastor who longs to reunite with his father, but is shut out for reasons you will discover as you read the story.  I thought the suspense would not let up and it didn’t!  It seemed as though the writer kept increasing the climax and tension while occasionally adding a twist of the plot to keep me glued to the book for hours!
This is a great thriller that readers can sink their teeth into and not be disappointed!  The ending was packed with a very meaningful and truthful message about God, forgiveness and new beginnings.  I hope you will take time to read the book and perhaps share it with family, friends and even get your local library to get a copy so many more can enjoy this rich tale!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Post a Comment

Popular Posts