Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Dark Habor (Love Inpsired Suspense)

Title:  Dark Harbor
Author:  Christy Barritt
Pages:  224
Year:  2016
Publisher:  Love Inspired Suspense
My rating is 5 stars.
Readers will most certainly enjoy a story where love wins and good triumphs over evil!  Zack is the lead male character who is Chief of Police for a small town off the East coast of the United States.  Originally Zack was a detective in Baltimore who worked to try to bring down a drug ring along with attempting to be a mentor to a young man on the streets.
Madelyn is the lead female character in the story that lost her parents in a car crash and has been trying to make it on her own since then.  Madelyn has no siblings and is adrift in her relationship to God.  When she goes to the small town to do a story on the Chief of Police under false pretenses, her life becomes targeted no matter where she is located!
In time, readers get to discover who is behind the illegal drug ring and the multiple attempts on Madelyn’s life.  Plus we get to enjoy the blossoming relationship between Zack and Madelyn.  Above all, we can enjoy seeing if, when or how Madelyn’s relationship with God morphs.  I really enjoyed the story and though some readers may have guessed who was behind all the attempts on Madelyn along with running drugs, I was surprised.  The ending was breathtaking and the epilogue was like icing on a cake!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Post a Comment