Sunday, July 24, 2016

Fraying at the Edge (The Amish of Summer Grove #2)

Title:  Fraying at the Edge (The Amish of Summer Grove #2)
Author:  Cindy Woodsmall
Pages:  352
Year:  2016
Publisher:  Waterbrook
My rating is 5+ stars.
The series as well as the main character’s story begin with book one titled, Ties That Bind.  The tale begins with two different young women from two different backgrounds.  The women are Ariana Brenneman who was raised Amish and from the English side of the story, Skylar Nash.  Not only are these women from two different worlds, they learn about being switched at birth twenty years earlier and being introduced to their birth mothers and families.
There is so much for these two young women to come to terms with.  However, the two women aren’t the only ones who must adjust; it’s also the siblings, friends and others who are trying to adjust as well.  The tension in the story is broken up occasionally by times of rejoicing just like in a real person’s life along with times of rejoicing among other emotions.  At first, since I didn’t read book one (which I am going to do now), I was lost for a couple of chapters in the book.  So I would highly recommend reading Ties that Bind first before Fraying at the Edge.
I know there will be a third installment as the tale is not wrapped up at the end, so I really am looking forward to seeing how the author resolves some threads of her story.  Unlike some other Amish type novels I have read, Cindy Woodsmall in this series has really grabbed the heart of the reader and crafted believable characters in a believable setting.  There are choices placed before many of the characters that have ripple effects for those they know and love.  I hope you will enjoy an afternoon with these novels and then share them with friends and family so they can get lost in an exceptionally well written tale!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Post a Comment