Honor Redeemed

Title:  Honor Redeemed (Keys of Promise #2)
Author:  Christine Johnson
Pages:  352
Year:  2016
Publisher:  Revell
My rating is 5 stars.
Prosperity Jones has left home to reunite with her fiancé, David Latham, after a two-year separation.  Her mother has recently died, leaving Prosperity with no close family and no means to support herself.  She has to leave home, so she decides to go to her fiancé in the hopes that he will support her at a boarding house or hotel and marry her earlier than they had intended.  Upon arrival in the Keys of Florida from Nantucket after a five-week journey, Prosperity makes an awful discovery.  She turns to her newfound friend for shelter and the means to support herself.  She can no longer count on David.
David Latham has loved Prosperity Jones for years.  He is an officer in the military working on an engineering project.  He has six more years in service and then he will have saved enough to marry Prosperity.  One night some of the other soldiers induce him into drinking liquor, which he is not used to doing.  He was raised by a very strict minister and is usually very thoughtful and cautious in his manner.  This one night leads to the ruin of his future with Prosperity.  When he unexpectedly sees her outside the garrison, his heart drops to his stomach.  He pleads for forgiveness, but Prosperity shuns him.  How did his life get so complicated?
I thought this was a wonderful story!  I was hooked from the beginning.  The story was compelling and drew me into the lives of the characters.  I was emotionally involved with the two main characters, which to me shows a talented author’s God-given skill.  This book is set in a time when a person’s honor and word meant something and was worth something.  It could be counted on to be true.  We don’t see as much of this in our day and age.  I definitely could identify with the maternal aspect shown in the story and the lengths a woman will go to in order to protect a child.  The hanging on to God in the midst of terrible situations was also portrayed.  I can’t wait for the third book in the series!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Post a Comment

Popular Posts