Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Like a River From Its Course

Title:  Like a River From Its Course
Author:  Kelli Stuart
Pages:  352
Year:  2016
Publisher:  Kregel
My rating is 5 stars.
Each chapter focuses on one of the main characters in the story plus the chapters alternate between those players.  The story is set in the timeframe of WWII and is in the nation of Ukraine, which I found was especially eye opening, having rarely read a historical novel set in that nation.  While the characters are mainly fiction, there is a lot based on the author’s travels and interactions in that nation.  For more, please visit her site at http://kellistuart.com/
Readers will have their hearts touched by those who suffered directly from the Nazi party’s actions in ways that can’t be imagined.  Various buildings were destroyed along with whatever was thought to be valuable was taken.  Through the suffering and some of the darkest moments there is a loving and caring God who draws people to Himself even those who never thought about spiritual life before.  Some of the story was hard when evil seemed to be so oppressing that hope was stolen and thought to never be a reality again.
The further I read though the more hope comes shining through as God works in spite of those bent on evil.  I found the book to be very unique, gritty and heart-touching.  Normally, I wouldn’t be drawn to these types of novels though I love history.  However, this book is the exception as I found out more of the story behind the book when I visited the author’s site and read her experiences.
What hope we can experience in the darkest of moments made the book well worth reading in my opinion.  I am grateful the author took what she learned from a real person and shared the testimony with readers.  I highly recommend reading the novel and sharing it with others to show how God turned something dark and evil into good for His glory with hearts transformed.  The book really captures the time, place and truth that God knows no limits and He comes to those who earnestly seek Him!  Don’t miss this great tale!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Post a Comment