Missing (The Nikki Boyd Files #2)

Title:  Missing (The Nikki Boyd Files #2)
Author:  Lisa Harris
Pages:  320
Year:  2016
Publisher:  Revell
My rating is 5 stars.
Simply put, awesome!  In book two of the series, Nikki’s interested in more than just being friends with Tyler.  The only problem is she doesn’t know how Tyler feels about her and she is scared to lose his friendship.  Plus, in this sequel, there is another case that soon grows out of proportion to what at first became a missing person’s case.
This story seemed to have more action, adventure, danger, etc.  Plus, while Nikki’s sister is still missing, Nikki has to decide whether she wants to remain in the force or go back to teaching kindergartners.  Tyler is ready to move forward in his life, but he isn’t sure in any area how without it affecting his son Liam.  Tyler wants to have a job that fits his personality and uses his military experience, but he doesn’t want to be in school or behind a desk.
The questions being asked by Nikki and Tyler about many aspect of life, work and faith do reach some conclusion.  However, the book is left on a cliffhanger that makes me long to read the next installment coming out in 2017 titled Pursued.  I found the novel had me chasing a few rabbit trails in figuring out who the main antagonist was, but that also kept me turning pages!
The only almost “unreal” aspect was how Nikki seemed to keep being saved “in the nick of time” by either Tyler or someone else.  While Nikki being saved right before she might perish makes for a lighter story, it just seemed to cast a somewhat unenjoyable aspect to the book.  I am sure people know agents do lose their life in the line of duty and some do get saved.  Those moments when Nikki got rescued were rushed moments in the storyline, but I really enjoyed book two more than the first book.  However, book one established the main characters along with their different backgrounds so it would be helpful to read Vendetta before Missing.

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Post a Comment

Popular Posts