A Beauty Refined (Sapphire Brides #2)




A Beauty Refined Tracie Peterson


Title:  A Beauty Refined (Sapphire Brides #2)
Author:  Tracie Peterson
Pages:  320
Year:  2016
Publisher:  Bethany
My rating is 5 stars.
Tracie Peterson’s novel is really capturing the era of the early 1900.  The main character is Phoebe Van Bergen who is a daughter of a German count.  The count is in Montana obtaining sapphires for a duchess.  However, Phoebe’s father isn’t being honest with the duchess nor has he been with his daughter, which Phoebe comes to discover.
Ian Harper works with gems and his past experience in a relationship has caused him to be more cautious in his relationship with Phoebe.  Ian’s heart is drawn towards her, but he is afraid she is going to be just like his first wife.  In a wilderness in Montana, Phoebe runs into a person she was told no longer existed.  Now, a confused Phoebe sets out to find the truth.
I love how Tracie crafted the story with her characters and revealing slowly the characters’ personalities and history.  Phoebe is a wonderful woman who comes to understand that her life is empty without having the Lord even though she questions whether He is real and cares about her personally.  Ian and then a woman who works at the hotel share who God is and what God has done by giving His Son for all people, showing Phoebe what her heart really is needing.
The way her father, Graf Frederick Von Bergen acts and then decides how not to face the consequences of his choices in his dealing with a duchess really shocked me.  I am sure some people make the same choice, but this was the first time I remember in one of Tracie’s novels a character who acts the way he did when confronted.  I am not saying how it ends so as not to give away the ending or spoiling it for you readers who have yet to enjoy this story.
I enjoyed the themes of faith, facing truth about one’s deceptions, romance, and redemption.  I also thought the aspect of a mystery made me want to keep reading till the conclusion.  I look forward to seeing how future novels from Tracie Peterson continue to share Jesus, redemption, faith and romance!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Post a Comment

Popular Posts