Hearts in Defiance (Romance in the Rockies #2)

Title:  Hearts in Defiance (Romance in the Rockies #2)
Author:  Heather Blanton
Pages:  366
Year:  2014
Publisher:  Create Space
My rating is 5 stars.
The story of three sisters Naomi, Rebecca and Hannah starts in book one titled, A Lady in Defiance and continues here in the sequel.  So far out of the two books, I really enjoyed Hearts in Defiance more, but I wouldn’t have if I didn’t have the background information on the characters or the town of Defiance.
The novels reflect the rough life and little choices many women had in the Old West.  There is also the other side of the story where women can become business women, and above all Christ followers seeking to save the lost who meet at the hotel on Sundays for service.  During the week the hotel also had a café.
In this installment, there is lots of danger, adventure, deceit and love!  However, there is so much more to the story.  I hope you enjoy reading both novels as much as I did in order to be prepared for book three titled, A Promise in Defiance.  I really enjoyed seeing the oldest, Rebecca, falling in love after being widowed for so long and then Naomi learning to temper her fiery spirit with wisdom.
This book ends on a cliffhanger and on the night of a wedding ceremony of all nights!  I hope the author continues to write novels that both capture the human sinfulness along with redemption, love reborn after loss and learning sometimes to humble oneself in order to help others meet the Savior.  I thought the author did a fantastic job too of showing that no matter how much one longs for a friend or family member to turn to Christ it can only be done by the individual.
So join me for a journey back to the Old West to a town called Defiance and be in store for many twists and turns in the story.  I hope you enjoy the adventure and great story telling shared!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” 
Post a Comment

Popular Posts