Home to Chapel Springs (Chapel Springs #2)

Title:  Home to Chapel Springs (Chapel Springs #2)
Author:  Ane Mulligan
Pages:  300
Year:  2016
Publisher:  Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas
My rating is 5 stars.
Note:  I received a complimentary copy for an honest review of this book from www.bookfun.org  The opinions shared in this review are solely my responsibility. 
What occurred in the preceding novel in the series Chapel Springs Revival then completed by the novel Chapel Springs Survival we’ll talk about another time.  In this novel, the main character is Carin who returns to Chapel Springs with her 6-year-old son when her marriage falls apart, bringing a host of unanticipated changes.  Carin is a successful author whose life is uprooted; yet, she finds hope in the joy her son JJ brings and in returning to a town where there are pleasant memories.
Now Carin must somehow piece her and JJ’s lives back together along with restoring the home bequeathed to her without any income at the present.  Along with that, Carin begins to be reacquainted with the small town people she grew up with who shower her with care and affection.  There are a couple of other older female characters in the book that at times caused me to burst out laughing with their antics or words.  The town is going through a mayoral race that is constantly causing local folks to wonder if their current mayor is still the right man for the job or should it be his opponent who seems to be a sneaky kind of man.
That is just the tip of the iceberg of what is in store for any reader adventurous enough to engage in the fictional town of Chapel Spring and its eclectic town folk.  The author does a wonderful job of weaving together themes of faith, brokenness, dysfunctional family, loving people even though they may not like them and a mystery to boot!  The town believes that a theater that has been closed for four decades is the home of a ghost.  Wait till you discover who or what it really turns out to be!
I loved traveling in my imagination to a small town with what appears like a reflections of real people with both positive and negative characteristics.  I thought some of the names of the local shops were quite brilliant and cute!  I hope you make time to enjoy the Chapel Springs novels with all the qualities of small town quirkiness and love with acceptance from many folks.  Above all, I loved how the author shows how God can make something beautiful out of tragedy.

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Post a Comment

Popular Posts