Wednesday, August 17, 2016

: Starving Hearts (Triangular Trade Trilogy)











Title:  Starving Hearts (Triangular Trade Trilogy)
Author:  Janine Mendenhall
Pages:  300
Year: 2016
Publisher: Heritage Beacon Fiction
My rating is 5+ stars.
What heart gripping, nail biting story set in the late 1700’s in England!  For a debut author this work of fiction is such a rare gem normally it stories as well written come from a well seasoned author!  Book #2 will be titled Never Past Hope though I don’t know when it will be published; I none the less cannot wait to continue the story of Miss Annette Chetwynd and Mr. Peter Adsley budding romance and growing faith.
Now the writer includes many Scripture references woven into her characters interaction in their lives.  There is mystery, danger, and a man bent on revenge and nothing will he allow to come between his beloved prize of being a man of means and title.  When trails come into the lives of not just Annette or Peter but others how do the characters respond, or how do they view God?
I loved how the author introduces a historical person known as William Wilberforce and his work to abolish slavery.  Annette’s father is a godly man and he has allowed his daughter an unequivocal education not normally given to women at that time.  Annette has a fiery spirit who loves to talk about all subjects and desires to live outside the mold society or her mother are trying to squeeze her into.
The reason for the title shows up in the story so please watch for it the author did a wonderful job of sharing the message of Christ.  We see a reflection of humanity in the players when they sometimes wonder away from God, question God, and at times when they read the Bible, talk about what they hear Him saying and praying.  Readers will see the reality of how at times it is very hard to trust God when life turns in ways unexpected or when they are harsh and cruel times.
I cannot wait for book #2 or #3 though alas I must, but it is trying!  The novel is so well written I got lost in the story many a time sometimes forgetting to come up for a drink of water! Join me in this exciting story that will eventually cover three novels in total!  You won’t ever be sorry!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” 
Post a Comment