A Promise in Defiance (Romance in the Rockies #3)

Title:  A Promise in Defiance (Romance in the Rockies #3)
Author:  Heather Blanton
Pages:  308
Year:  2016
Publisher:  CreateSpace
My rating is 5 stars.
Note:  I received a complimentary copy for an honest review of this book from www.bookfun.org  The opinions shared in this review are solely my responsibility
This series begins with the novel, A Lady in Defiance followed by Hearts in Defiance.  The characters are hardy and harsh as life in the Old West was likely to have been.  Heather shares her wonderful creative imagination with the sole purpose of revealing that no matter how defiant our hearts may be, when we come to acknowledge Jesus, we come to understand He has always loved us.
For me, I enjoyed all three books and they are intertwined so it is helpful to read them in order to follow the storyline.  The third and final book seemed very powerful to me with the way it highlighted many facets of God’s character and the depravity of mankind.  I loved how I saw the truth of one giving one’s life for a friend even when at first that person doesn’t even understand the depth of that type of love. Plus the characters sometimes had a hard time understanding God’s love.
Heather Blanton has authored other novels as well that some time I may read.  I do know that I enjoyed seeing the three sisters that the audience meets in book one become some awesome godly women of the West.  I hope you make time to read and enjoy this western series that is unlike others I have read.  My hope is that anyone who reads this series will come to see that no one is beyond the love or reach of God!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Post a Comment

Popular Posts