Becalmed Author: Normandie Fischer

Title:  Becalmed
Author:  Normandie Fischer
Pages:  385
Year:  2013
Publisher:  Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas
My rating is 4 stars.
The setting is the coast of the Carolinas as a young woman hopes to find true love after years earlier experiencing heartbreak from a former boyfriend named Alex.  When Tadie is not out sailing, she enjoys creating jewelry and the small town feel of where she now resides.  When Tadie meets a precocious young red headed little girl she just loves Molly and her love for her Dad.  Molly misses her mom who has been gone, but loves sailing with her Dad on their way to Boston.
Will is Molly’s Dad who had to stop in the small town to get parts to fix his boat before he could continue to sail further up the coast.  Alex is the man from Tadie’s past who is there to only bring trouble and torment to Tadie even though he chose to marry another, breaking Tadie’s heart years ago.  A romance begins to blossom between Will and Tadie, which is exciting as she has waited to give herself until marriage.
Before the conclusion of the story, readers will read of Alex’s sadistic attempt to rape Tadie, though thankfully it is thwarted.  There are some sailing terms that I didn’t understand, but it didn’t really interrupt the telling of the tale; it just made me curious.  At first, the reading was slow going, but eventually the activity began to get moving.  I look forward to reading the author’s next novel with a similar setting titled, Heavy Weather.

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Post a Comment

Popular Posts