Passing through Perfect

Title:  Passing Through Perfect
Author:  Bette Lee Crosby
Pages:  252
Year:  2014
Publisher:  Bent Pine
My rating is 4 stars.
One attribute about Bette Lee Crosby’s novels is that she allows her characters to explore a variety of lifelike experiences, and her characters are really well crafted.  A book such as this is fun to get engaged in and then look at the clock only to learn so much time has passed with the conclusion of the tale right around the corner.
As a reader it was quite easy to enter the time era in which the story is placed along with the ups and downs, joys and sorrows experienced by the main character named Benjamin.  Sometimes, because of the era and the issues of that era, it reminded me of a movie I love to watch with Cuba Gooding, Jr. titled, Men of Honor.  While the movie was based on an actual person and his life story, the book seemed just as realistic even though it was fiction.
The only part that was hard for me was the switching between various characters points of view within a paragraph’s space or two.  I think the point of view of one character from another needed some spacing to help readers learn the characters view point before moving forward.  In the trilogy, I would have to say Jubilee’s Journey was my favorite as it is based loosely on Loretta Lynn’s though I can’t remember how much so enjoy it for what it is.
When I read reviews of people on book sites, I can always count on reading some well-informed ones and others that let me know a person liked or disliked a novel.  The more Bette Lee Crosby writes, the better she gets.  Some of her books I liked and others not so much; yet, an author can’t write a #1 bestseller all the time.   Enjoy the story as that is what authors like to do, entertain and sometimes educate the readers.  I like reading various authors and stories.  If you do to, you might like this book as well as Jubilee’s Journey.

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Post a Comment

Popular Posts