The Long Journey to Jake Palmer

Title:  The Long Journey to Jake Palmer
Author:  James L. Rubart
Pages:  400
Year:  2016
Publisher:  Thomas Nelson
My rating is 5 stars.
I just finished this novel and it is an exceptional book that really touched my heart and had a powerful spiritual message inside!  The main character is a man named Jake Palmer who has broken places in the soul that seem to spur his work and company titled, Read Your Label, Inc.  One night after a long flight on his way home he makes a decision that without knowing it is going to radically change his future.
The message to me in the book is how we all have scarred places in our souls and we try to mask or hide them in many ways.  In the book, I was reminded that sometimes adults forget to believe the impossible or that God is able to do more than we think or ask.  We, as humans, tend to believe whatever lies some people speak, think or we may act differently toward those who are perceived as anything but “normal”.
I loved the author’s use of C. S. Lewis’ books in The Chronicles of Narnia to get across his heart’s meaning regarding deeper spiritual truths.  Plus I enjoyed how the main character was made aware of the spiritual warfare that surrounds real people daily.  Jake Palmer learns how to be real while no longer hiding his scars even knowing people may or may not accept, love or embrace him.
Overall, I think this is the kind of novel that can encourage, excite, engage and lead many to the Person who loves them the most…Jesus!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Post a Comment

Popular Posts