Within the Candles Glow

Title:  Within the Candles Glow
Author:  Karen Campbell Prough
Pages:  265
Year:  2016
Publisher:  Firefly Southern Fiction
My rating is 5+ stars.
If you’re a reader or movie watcher for instance and a sequel comes along, have you ever discovered the sequel to be the best yet?  Well, here is an example of such a sequel that was top notch following the first book The Girl Called Ella Dessa.  The story and characters we meet in the first book come back a few years later in the sequel and are still living in the cove.  Within the Candles Glow really was quite interesting and engaged me from the beginning till I turned the last page.
The main character is Ella Dessa who has scares from a panther attack as a young girl, but that is just what is seen.  Now, as a budding woman, she is wondering if any man would or could love her with the internal scars besides the external ones.  There is a man who shows up during a church picnic named Josh and while most are wary of him Ella isn’t, but maybe she should be as readers will see in the book.
I loved the McKnapp family who are close knit and love each other, but aren’t without their hardships or inner family strife.  Yet, what this family comes away with far outshines and outlasts the losses, trials and tests that any family learns to overcome.  The family’s faith is exemplified many times and when their hearts are raw or struggling with the truth of the heart in certain instances when it isn’t pretty especially shows courage.  How?  They learn that stating it as it really is brings a freedom to the heart and soul of the character.  They also show how God is more than able to transform the inner person and draw them closer to Himself.
I have no idea what the author plans for her next book, but I can say that I will be watching for it with eager anticipation!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Post a Comment

Popular Posts