Disillusioned by Christy Barrett

Title:  Disillusioned
Author:  Christy Barritt
Pages:  288
Year:  2016
Publisher:  Waterfall
My rating is 5 stars.
I became a fan of Christy’s books when I read some of her Love Inspired Suspense stories.  Christy knows how to write in a way that grabs a reader so fast that one cannot help but get lost in the book for hours!  Here, in Disillusioned, Christy did a magnificent job of sometimes throwing off this reader with twists and turns in the plot or adding characters.  The main female is Nikki Wright who has been helping her brother get out of trouble or dangerous spots that have recently been putting her in life threatening situations too.
Booby seems to have some mental issues going on as he tries to figure out if what he heard in captivity is real or not.  The medication seems to help Bobby until it is analyzed as requested by Nikki’s former boyfriend and SEAL Kade.  Nikki, Bobby and Kade are always on the run or dodging a pursuit and never sure who they can or cannot trust.  When the threat for terrorism is revealed, none of the main characters is sure who the leader is as he/she only is known by the name “Ace”.
When I came to the ending and read who actually was known as “Ace”, I was surprised, but that wasn’t the end of the story.  No, it was the beginning of the heightened climax as Nikki, Kade and Kade’s friend are in mortal danger.  Plus, Bobby has been missing and off his meds and with his training in the military he is one hard man to find!  The novel is somewhat reflective of what is happening in modern day society with home grown terrorists and those who are on watch for threats to this nation.
I really enjoyed the action, adventure and yes the reigniting of a romance that a couple of characters thought was long over.  For an enjoyable and suspense filled ride, here is a book that fits that bill, so please don’t pass on it!  In fact, you might consider either sharing your copy or giving one as a gift to other readers you know!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” 
Post a Comment

Popular Posts